UniTrain is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Unified Training Ltd (UniTrain), the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information. We are registered with the ICO and our registration number is A8329082.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as if you enquire about our services online through our website, via email, the post, over the telephone or through the contracts between us.
Where we are delivering training services to businesses we receive your name from your employer to allow us to carry out this service.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold includes:
- Personal information – name.
- Business contact information – business name, business address, business telephone numbers, business email addresses
- Financial information – bank details,
- Transaction history information – records of our financial transactions, records of attendance on courses and any certificates issued
How we use your information
We will lawfully process personal information in the following ways:
- We process your business information for the legitimate interest of providing you with the information you requested.
- We process your personal and business information to fulfil the contracts between us including delivering the contracted services, raising invoices and making payments.
- Where you have not opted-out, we will process your personal information for the legitimate interest of sending you information about other products and services, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
Who we will share your information with
We share your information with:
- HMRC to comply with tax legislation.
- Our software suppliers whose products we use to deliver our services
Our suppliers are bound by EU privacy law and the terms of the contracts include the enhanced General Data Protection Regulation terms and clauses.
We will not sell or swap your information with any agency or other organisation.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by UniTrain or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. In the case of contract related information, we must retain your information for 7 years after the end of the contract.
For general business contacts we will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 3 years we will delete your data.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at info@UniTrain.co.uk.
You have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Manager at info@UniTrain.co.uk.
Health & Safety Training
Business Skills & Personal Development
Project and Programme Management
Tailor Made Courses
+44 0845 643 1611