This course provides delegates with the skills to facilitate events such as focus groups, workshops, action learning sets, team meetings, briefings, business improvement meetings etc. Delegates will learn how to open and close an event using subtle language patterns, which will help to build rapport with a group and to influence a positive outcome.
They will learn a variety of facilitation methods and processes that can be used as appropriate to the outcome required. Explore resistance to change and a range of challenging behaviours; the course focuses on strategies to manage these behaviours within the group or on a one-to-one basis. They will find out how Action Learning Sets work in practice and will have the opportunity to participate as a member of a set.
What's included in the course?
- Pre-course work
- Evening work
Who is it for?
Suitable for anyone who needs to facilitate the gathering of opinions, making a decision, developing a solution, gauging reactions to a proposition, securing a consensus, debating a complex matter or developing ideas.
What the delegates will learn
- Learn how to plan and facilitate an event, structured with a clear beginning, middle and end
- Learn skills to create an enjoyable and effective event that influences a positive outcome
- Experience and select a variety of methods and processes to reach the required outcome
- Understand reasons that drive challenging behaviour and learn strategies to adjust behaviour
- Gain a qualification in facilitation to professionalise your role
- Training Delivery Part A
- Training Delivery Part B
- Online Facilitation Skills