With the continued growth of companies with both on-premise Exchange environments and Office 365 Exchange Online, many companies are deploying a Unified Exchange Environment between both platforms for rich coexistence. Benefits of a hybrid environment include:
- Exchange Online users and on-premises users can share free/busy calendar.
- Secure mail routing between on-premises and Exchange Online organisations.
- Administrators can use powerful and familiar Exchange management tools to move users to Exchange Online.
- OWA redirection allows for redirection from the on-premises environment to the Office 365 Outlook Web App environment.
- MailTips, out-of-office messages, and similar features understand that Office 365 and on-premises users are part of the same organisation.
- Delivery reports and multi-mailbox search work with users who are on-premises and those working in Exchange Online.
- Authentication headers are preserved during cross-premises mail flow. So, all mail looks and feels like it is internal to the company (for example, recipient names resolve in the GAL).
- With the help of Directory Synchronisation you get Unified GAL.
- If necessary, administrators can easily move mailboxes back to the on-premises Exchange environment.
- Cloud-based message archiving for on-premises Exchange mailboxes.
- Administrators do not have to manually reconfigure Outlook profiles or resynchronise.OST files after they move users' mailboxes.
This unique 3-day course is for delegates who are interested in both learning and getting hands-on experience of deploying an Exchange Hybrid Configuration.