The CPSA course leads to the CREST Practitioner Security Analyst (CPSA) examination, which is an entry level qualification that tests a candidate’s knowledge in assessing operating systems and common network services at a basic level below that; of the main CRT and CCT qualifications.
Delegates are provided with a Pearson Vue exam voucher for the CPSA examination as part of the course fee. The CPSA examination also includes an intermediate level of web application security testing and methods to identify common web application security vulnerabilities. The examination covers a common set of core skills and knowledge that assess the candidate’s technical knowledge. The candidate must demonstrate that they are able to perform basic infrastructure and web application testing and interpret the results to locate security vulnerabilities. Success will confer the CREST Practitioner status to the individual. This qualification is a pre-requisite for the CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT) examination and comprises a multiple-choice examination. CRT is available as a separate course.
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of a PenTest team
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Penetration Testing and Digital Forensics
- Corporations and Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes inorder to understand information security implications
- Anyone who is considering a career in Penetration Testing