Securing customer data is often crucial when deploying and managing web applications and network infrastructure. As such, IT administrators and web developers require security knowledge and awareness in order to secure their environment. Due to this requirement, operational staff often require hands-on training and experience to identify, control and prevent organisational threats. This introductory/intermediate technical class brings together Infrastructure Security and Web Application Security into a 5-day “Art of Hacking” class designed to teach the fundamentals of hacking. This hands-on training was written to address the market need around the world for a real hands-on, practical and hacking experience that focuses on what is really needed when conducting a penetration test.
This class teaches attendees a wealth of techniques to compromise the security of various operating systems, networking devices and web application components. The class starts from the very basic and builds up to the level where attendees can not only use the tools and techniques to hack various components involved in infrastructure and web hacking, but also gain solid understanding of the concepts on which these tools are based. This class combines a formal hacking methodology with a variety of tools to teach the core principles of ethical hacking.
- Approaches attackers take when targeting organisations
- Conducting penetration testing engagements step by step and leveraging open source and publicly available tools to gain access to vulnerable systems
- Understanding how to exploit your own network before attackers do
- System Administrators who are interested in learning how to exploit Windows and Linux systems
- Web Developers who want to find and exploit common web application vulnerabilities
- Network Engineers who want to secure and defend their network infrastructure from malicious attacks
- Security enthusiasts new to the information security field who wants to learn the art of ethical hacking
- Security Consultants looking to relearn and refresh their foundational knowledge