This blended course will provide delegates with a framework to provide a toolkit of appropriate resources to support workplace performance from on-demand online content and how-to videos to ‘in the workflow’ trouble-shooting guides and templates for use at the point of need whether in conjunction with a training programme or where none is available or required.
The course is delivered as a blended format comprising three parts over a 3 to 4 week period; two live online session with self-paced activities followed by a two-day classroom event with assessed project work on the design of a performance support resource.
What’s included in the course
- Part 1: Tutor-led online session (1 hour): ‘What is Performance Support?’ and self-paced online activities (approx 3 hours)
- Part 2: Self-paced online activities including reading, eLearning, and project work (approx 4 hours) and tutor-led online session ‘Planning for performance support’ (1 hour)
- Part 3: Two-day practical workshop, building on Parts 1 and 2. Planning, group discussions and producing a prototype for a work-based performance support resource
What the delegates will learn
- Establish the role of performance support and its use within formal and informal learning solutions
- Apply a framework for designing content aligned to specific performance requirements
- Select the appropriate performance support tools and apply best practice guidelines
- Establish a robust repository of support resources
Other TAP Certificates that might be of interest are:
- eLearning Design
- Creating Visual Impact
- Digital Writing Skills