It is time for L&D to become an essential part of business strategy – not an afterthought, but a value adding driver of business performance.
Simply put, the job of L&D is to develop the abilities that will help organisations deliver results. Yet too many L&D departments are not fully aligned to the priorities of the business and do not deliver the outcomes that businesses need.
The result? The opportunity to raise performance and realise potential is wasted. Senior executives view L&D as a marginal support function, rather than a strategic partner. They may question the value of L&D and see it as a prime target when they have to make economies.
This course is designed to help L&D leaders to develop strategies that better align their function to the business and deliver increased value.
What's included in the course?
- Pre-course work
- Evening work
Who is it for?
Participants should be aspiring or actual L&D leaders who want to deliver valid business-driven outcomes. They must be totally committed to becoming a true strategic partner to the business.
What the delegates will learn
- What strategy is and why it matters to the business and to L&D
- Using data analytics effectively
- Analyse the business and L&D environments to produce a SWOT analysis
- Identify the needs of stakeholders
- Identify the business’ strategic position and how this affects L&D
- Clearly articulate the L&D brand
- Write strategic L&D objectives that align to business strategy and address pivotal learning needs
- Develop strategic L&D initiatives that support the objectives
- Assess the resources required to implement the strategy
- Produce a communication plan for your strategy
- Measure L&D success strategically
- Leading the L&D Function
- Digital Transformation
- Managing Learning Transfer