This workshop will help L&D professionals or those involved in producing visual materials communicate a powerful visual message. The principles covered can be applied to slides for training courses, presentations, webinars, online presentations and digital learning*.
It ensures that slide designs are effective and stimulating regardless of subject matter or any IT presentation tools that are available and will be transferable when designing other support material.
* Please note: this course provides you with the core principles of visual design, rather than principles of eLearning design, which are covered on the eLearning Design course.
What's included in the course?
- Pre-course work
- Evening work
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for anyone whose role includes creating slides, eg for training courses, presentations, online presentations, webinars or digital modules and who wish to create a more effective dynamic visual content.
What the delegates will learn
- The concept of visual impact
- Applying the principle of graphic design
- The language of typography and spacing
- Using grids to organise graphic elements and working with hierarchy
- The Colour Wheel
- Locating, creating and working with appropriate graphic design elements
- Creative ways of displaying statistical information
- eLearning Design
- Digital Writing Skills
- Designing Performance Support Resources